EBRD Casablanca Resident Office (RO) is seeking to fill a six month Internship position.This is a support role designed to provide assistance with business development, new investments and monitoring of the existing portfolio. Working closely and under the continuous supervision of several RO bankers and the Head of Office, the Intern will support the RO team in all stages of project development and implementation.Key ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities for this role will include, amongst other tasks,the following:
- Assistance in preparation of documentation for new projects, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data
- Analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and financial projections.
- Assistance with documentation for existing projects, such as monitoring reports or datasheets analysis of reports from investees.
- Conducting information research and analysis, in particular as related to the ongoing regulatory changes in the key sectors of the Moroccan economy (i.e. industry, agribusiness, ICT, property tourism, infrastructure, energy, and financial).
- Preparation and maintenance of the RO s information library, containing up to date summaries regarding comparable transactions, capital markets (IPOs and bond issuances) and banking industry developments.
- Relevant degree from a leading business school or university (e.g., economics, finance, accounting, business administration, law) top tier leading business schools preferred Proven interest and sound understanding of business and finance
- Developed analytical and numerical skills ability for logical reasoning and interpretation of data Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret key accounts Ability to write well structured and concise English Computer literacy, Microsoft Suite proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and French command of Arabic is an advantage
- Exposure to industry/country experience through previous internship roles desirable but not essential.
Competencies and Personal Attributes :
- The applicant should be an excellent team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to accept changes and ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment
- Result oriented, with tenacity to reach goals despite obstacles, enthusiastic attitude and ability to work and think independently.
One or more of the principal bankers will have daily oversight of the activities of the Intern.Diversity is one of the Bank s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation.
The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment.
The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.